Almond Broccoli in Sherry Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli, trimmed and separated into florets
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cook florets in 4 cups boiling water in a Dutch oven over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place florets in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish, and set aside.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in 3/4 cup boiling water.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in bouillon mixture and half-and-half; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Whisk in sherry and next 3 ingredients. Pour over broccoli; sprinkle with cheese and almonds.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until bubbly.