Almond Brandy Cookie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This cookie is easy to make and very tasty.
- Ready In:
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon anise seed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds, chopped
- 1.Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- 2.In a large mixing bowl, cream together eggs, sugar, and butter.
- 3.In another bowl mix together flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and stir in anise seed, vanilla, brandy and chopped almonds.
- 4.Separate the dough into 4 balls. Roll the dough into a roll about 1-inch across. Then cut the dough every 1/2-inch to make bars 1-inch by 1/2-inch wide. For a more "log-like" cookie, cut each cookie in half, prior to baking them. Although the recipe says to divide the dough I found it just as easy to use a small scoop to put then on the cookie sheet and cook them for 10 minutes.
- 5.Place on a greased and floured baking sheet with 1/2-inch in between cookies.
- 6.Bake for 15 minutes, or until done. Remove from oven. Will look similar to shortbread but much lighter and cake-like.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION