Almond Apple Tart
- Ready In:
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed according to instructions
- 1 apple, cored and sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- splash vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, while using a fork, mix together the ground almonds, sugar, butter, cornstarch, egg, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Place down the parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Slice puff pastry into 2-4 equal pieces.
- Place puff pastry on parchment paper.
- Spread the ground almond mixture evenly across the puff pastry.
- Layer the sliced apples over the mixture.
- Place in the oven and cook until puffed and golden brown, approximately 13-15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Civil engineering undergrad who is away from her mother's fantastic home cooked meals and had never really stepped into a kitchen before going away to school. She is learning to cook and all the useful little tricks that come with it... She especially loves using Ziploc baggies for marinades and piping icing onto her tongue. Likes sleeping in, long walks on the beach, and her boyfriend of five years. Loves her Bengal cat and two young step daughters. Dislikes early morning classes, laundry, and new age jazz.