Allergy-Friendly Pancakes (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free)
- Ready In:
10 5-inch pancakes
- 1 3⁄4 cups rice milk
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds (flax meal)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (grapeseed oil is my favorite choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup millet flour (or brown rice flour)
- 1⁄2 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca starch
- 1⁄3 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon or 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 dash salt
- Place rice milk in a medium bowl and heat in the microwave until warm, about 90 seconds. Stir in flax meal and let sit.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the flours and starches, sugar, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- To the rice milk mixture add the oil, vanilla and vinegar. Stir well.
- Heat up your pan on medium-high or griddle to 350 degrees. When it is hot (a drop of water placed on it sizzles), add a little oil and spread around.
- Add the dry mix to the wet and whip with the spoon to get most of the lumps out. Batter should be thick.
- Spoon the batter onto prepared pan (about 1/4 cup) and spread out with the back of the spoon. Flip over when bubbles form and the top starts to dry out. Cook the other side until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!