Alfredo Mashed Potatoes
photo by midnightzen
- Ready In:
- 5 lbs peeled diced potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- Bring 5lb potatoes to boil in salted water until tender, drain water, then put aside. Hint: You can also use Simply Potatoes in your grocery's refrigerated section and just pop each of them in the microwave for 3 minutes. This really speeds things up.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan then add cream cheese and garlic powder. Stir until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, then stir in Parmesan. Remove from heat when the sauce reaches a desired consistency. Hint: you can also use your favorite jarred Alfredo sauce, or buy a packet of McCormick's instant creamy garlic Alfredo mix (follow cooking directions on the package). They'll both do the trick, as well.
- Add Alfredo sauce to diced potatoes and mash together until it reaches a fluffy texture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>New mom, new business, always on the go. Singer, writer, actor,and freelance independent artist agent. If I cant do something in thirty minutes, its not happening at all.</p>