Alexander Dumas's Georgian-Style Lamb Kebabs
- Ready In:
- 1hr 22mins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for basting
- 2 tablespoons ground sumac, for serving (optional)
- Combine coriander, dill, basil, mint, marigold, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add lamb and toss thoroughly to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add onion and vinegar.
- Toss thoroughly to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes more, or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill.
- Thread lamb onto skewers. Dumas says that if you don't have skewers you can use the cleaning-rod of your rifle.
- Oil grill grate.
- Arrange skewers on grill.
- Cook, turning with tongs, until browned and cooked to taste, 8-12 minutes for well done, brushing with oil several times.
- Sprinkle with sumac if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!