Albanian Chicken Kebabs
photo by My Albanian Food
- Ready In:
- You will need 5 kebab sticks / skewers. If you are using wooden ones then leave them to soak in cold water for 10 minutes first to prevent them burning.
- Start with a piece of chicken and push it down the skewer leaving about 5cm at the bottom to hold.
- Add a piece of red pepper followed by a piece of Albanian salami then another piece of chicken. Repeat the pattern 5 times and finish with a piece of chicken on top.
- Follow this pattern for the rest of the skewers making 5 in total. If there is any ingredients left, make up an extra skewer or add another layer to each one using them up.
- Place on a tray or board to rest while the marinade is made.
- Mix together the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, oregano and honey in a small bowl.
- Brush the marinade over the kebabs ensuring you cover all sides and leave to rest for 10 minutes before cooking. Alternatively you can cover these with cling film and keep these in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- Place the kebabs on a grilling machine such as a George Foreman, close the lid and cooking for 10 -12 minutes on a high setting. Turn the kebabs occasionally. You can also cook these kebabs under the grill on a baking tray or on the BBQ.
- Serve as kebabs or great when removed the skewers and mixed into a salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My recipes are here to help you make an Albanian recipe in your own home. Tried, tested and perfected Albanian food so you can get it right the first time.