- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 large green bell pepper, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped smoked ham (from the deli)
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 slices bacon
- Stir together first 12 ingredients in a large bowl, just until combined. Shape mixture into 2 ( 9x 4 inch) loaves; place in an aluminum foil lined broiler pan.
- Pour half of tomato sauce evenly over each loaf, and arrange 2 bacon slices over each loaf.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour. let meat loaf stand 10 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
WOW!! this was the BEST meatloaf we have ever had :) I scaled it down to make 1 meatloaf since its just the two of us. I omitted the tomato sauce and used some ketchup for the top. Also used black forest ham and added a dash of Hickory Smoked Liquid to the meatloaf mixture to give the smoked favor. The favors were just fabulous!! a touch of sweetness with a ting of spice, just wonderful :) I want to add that the meatloaf took 2 hrs instead of 1 in my oven. Not sure if it was my oven or if the recipe was off in the time for baking. My husband told me after dinner that I had found the best meatloaf recipe he had ever had so with this said... This is the meatloaf I will make from now on. Thank you so much for sharing this FANTASTIC recipe!! :)