Ahi and Shrimp Ceviche With Rum
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 4 ounces baby shrimp, peeled, deveined, diced
- 4 ounces fresh ahi tuna, diced
- 4 ounces fish, diced (amberjack)
- 3 sprigs mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 6 sprigs cilantro leaves, finely chopped, divided use
- 1 -2 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded
- 1⁄2 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 limes, juiced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided use
- 3 teaspoons sea salt, divided use
- 1 whole coconut, cracked into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- mint, for garnish
- Mix shrimp, ahi tuna, hamachi (amberjack), chopped mint, half the cilantro, chile, 3 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, juice of 2 lemons, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt. Allow to marinate 1 hour. Drain and refrigerate.
- Place coconut pieces in heated 350-degree F oven 10 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk together remaining sugar, salt, oil, cilantro, lemon juice, coconut milk, and rum. Toss with seafood. Spoon into shell pieces. Garnish with mint.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a trained chef, but my career has taken a back seat to my family and my sanity. I do work part time as a pastry chef/prep cook/expo at a small restaurant. It's really nice to work part time and do something I love.</p> <p>I have a five year old son, a newborn baby girl (as of 2013) and have been married for 8 years. <br /><br /><br /></p>