African Hot Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 12 red chili peppers
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons vinegar (I use cider vinegar)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Deseed peppers and chop; it doesn't have to be pretty or uniform as you will be pureeing it all anyway.
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or your blender; puree until smooth .
- Cook over medium low heat for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Store in a non-reactive bowl in the refrigerator -- simple huh?
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I love this hot sauce! I have found myself adding it to a variety of dishes. It is a wonderful addition to plain rice and even scrambled eggs. I also have used it in place of salsa for tacos and burritos. I just love this stuff! I used dried red chilies for the sauce. This recipe is outstanding. Thank you so much for posting!!!