African Chicken Wings
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 5 -6 lbs split chicken wings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the chicken wings; mix well. Rinse and pat dry the chicken wings and place in the sauce; toss to coat well.
- Place on rimmed baking sheets or cookie sheets that have been coated with nonstick vegetable spray and bake for 45-50 minutes or until done to desired crispness, turning once.
Join The Conversation
Great flavour and melt in the mouth tender meat,. I decided to make ahead of time but the only problem with that was that the butter solidified on the wings. so pull the wings out and dotted some of the solidified sauce over the wings and put the rest in the pan and baked at 200C for 20 minutes and then turned down to 175C for 30 minutes (these are fan forced temperatures). Also I used dried red chilli flakes (home made and hot and cut back to just under a teaspoon instead of the 2/3 tablespoon called for 20 wings - though I was supposed to have 10 wings and once divided and freezing tips I would have had 20 pieces ) but decided to leave the 2 pieces together and bake as said. Thank you JackieOhNo! for a very nice wing recipe, made for Please Review My Recipe.
I am not a hug fan of Buffalo wings but I sure am of African wings!!! I made this exactly as written except scaled back to 1/3 of the recipe. Myself and my DS's girlfriend loved these wings. So easy and I loved the lemon flavor and slight kick from the red pepper flakes!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT 7.