Advocaat Cake (German Eierlikoer Torte)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 1⁄2 ounces butter (100g)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sugar (100g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar (1 package)
- 8 7⁄8 ounces hazelnuts (250g) or 8 7/8 ounces almonds, chopped (250g)
- 4 1⁄2 ounces chocolate (finely grated)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons Dr. Oetker Whip It (1 package)
- 17 ounces heavy whipping cream (0.5l)
- 6 ounces advocaat (Advocaat (German Eierlikor) from BecR)
- mix ingredients 1-8 to a dough (use advokaat instead of the rum if you like).
- beat egg whites until stiff and carefully mix to the dough by hand with a spatula
- bake in a round 9 inch springform for approx 40 min at 350F and let cool
- whip heavy whipping cream with the whip cream aid and spread onto the cooled cake (approx 1/2 hight of cake bottom). Do not spread onto the sides of the cake to give a nice black and white pattern.
- Place whipped cream dots tightly around the perimeter of hte whipped cream top to form a sort of wall around the cake.
- pour approx 6 shot glasses of advokaat into the middle of the cake. Be mindful that non of the advokaat seeps through at the edges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!