Adriatica Prawns Skiathos
photo by JustJanS
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups minced onions
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 24 ounces raw prawns (shelled/deveined)
- 1 lb feta cheese, divided in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces dry pasta or 24 ounces fresh pasta
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil on high; add onion& garlic; cook until soft but not brown; add tomatoes; cook for 1 minute, add wine, lemon juice, and chiles; reduce for about 1 minute.
- Add prawns, 1/2 of the feta and all of the basil; cook until prawns are done and feta is creamy (about 3 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente; drain and place on serving dish; pour sauce over.
- Crumble the rest of the feta over the top; sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow, this was good. We ate it for our Christmas eve dinner, a time when we look for simple but great food. This fitted the bill perfectly. We all loved the salty, lemony. tomatoy, herby mix of flavours and the great contrast of textures in there too. No need to alter a thing, no need for any further seasonings, this was a great (and quicker than stated) family meal.