photo by Karen Elizabeth
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a bowl, stir together the salt, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder.
- Store in a sealed jar in a cool, dry place.
Questions & Replies
This is a great recipe for adobo seasoning so you can make it and store it on your own. I have used this several times so I finally made a larger batch to store and have handy. It is perfect for meat rubs (I have used for pulled pork and beef), tacos, enchiladas, etc. You won't regret having this in your pantry!
I needed Goya adobo seasoning without black pepper for a recipe, but my store didn't have it. I tried to figure out what the ingredients were, but the website was pretty vague. The only thing I found that was different than this recipe was turmeric. So, I added one teaspoon of turmeric and omitted the black pepper. I ground everything up in my coffee grinder. I haven't used it in the recipe yet, but tasted a tiny bit and it was really good. I'm definitely going to use it a lot.