Addictive Pierogi Casserole
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes, prepared
- 5 slices American cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 large vidalia onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook noodles, drain.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter and saute the onions and garlic until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place half of the cooked noodles in the greased bottom of a casserole dish.
- Layer with ½ of the cheese, all potatoes, the remaining noodles and top with remaining cheese.
- Poke holes through the top layer of cheese; pour butter mixture over top, making sure it seeps through the holes.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!