Acorn Squash With Spiced Brazil Nut Filling
photo by Chef PotPie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 acorn squash
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup brazil nut, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise; then scrape out seeds and stringy portions.
- Put dry ingredients, nuts and grated rind in mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Place squash halves in baking pan and fill with crumbly mixture.
- Set the bottom of the baking pan in hot water, cover and bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is pure genius! The Brazil nuts are a wonderful addition to the spices! I reduced the recipe to 2.5 servings, which was one acorn squash. 1/4 cup of Brazil Nuts was the exact amount in the Planters Premium Select Mixed Nuts Tin! Thank you so much Mary..... I already have plans to make this fabulous recipe again!!! Divine!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have two boys who will usually eat most things I put in front of them. As a single mom I use them as my guinea pigs....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have a huge garden, blueberry and blackberry bushes. I am always looking for a new recipe. I have three cats (Xiao Mao, which means little cat in Chinese, Pumpkin and Max) and two border collies, Lucy and Grace. All my animals come from Rescue Agencies. <a href="http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/?action=view¤t=rsc002.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/rsc002.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/lucyatpoppys005.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"><a href="http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/?action=view¤t=006.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/006.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a><a href="http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/?action=view¤t=hilfiger001.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/hilfiger001.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">