Acorn Squash With Pineapple
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 large acorn squash
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds.
- Place each half, cut-side down on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes until soft and tender.
- Meanwhile mix pineapple with spices and set aside.
- Now place squash into a baking dish.
- Divide pineapple mixture in half and place inside squash cavity.
- Return to oven and bake 5 more minutes or until pineapple mixture bubbles.
- Serve hot.
- You may want to try half the amount of spices first, then add the rest if needed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Excellent! I followed the other reviewers suggestions and halved the spices and double the pineapple. I had this as a main dish for dinner last night while DH was at a biz meeting. Just right for a light dinner, and I can have the other half for lunch today. I may add some raisins or dried fruit that I have left over from another dish. Very enjoyable and easy to make. Thanks!Reply
see 2 more