Accidental Orange Raspberry Muffins
photo by Heather U.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 orange, juice of (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 orange, zest of
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid lecithin
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 extra large egg whites
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, unthawed
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a cookie sheet, place 18 foil muffin cups (the kind that don't require a muffin tin obviously!) and lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well using a wire whisk.
- In small bowl, combine yogurt, orange juice, orange zest, oil, lecithin, corn syrup, vanilla extract and egg whites; beat well.
- Add to dry ingredients, stir until ingredients are just moistened; use a light hand or the muffins will be tough.
- Carefully fold in the frozen raspberries.
- Use an ice cream scoop to place a dollop of the batter into each muffin cup; I actually ended up with 17 not 18 muffins, but you may as well have 18 cups handy just in case.
- Prepare the topping in a small bowl by combining the 3 T of splenda and the cinnamon; sprinkle about 1/4 tsp on each muffin.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 to 23 minutes (took 20 minutes for me tonight) or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes, and eat'em up!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!