These are fried bean and shrimp patties, served as a snack, appetizer, or light main course. I got the recipe from Daisy Cooks!, a cooking show by Daisy Fuentes. May substitute Parsley for the Cilantro if desired. If you like your food spicy, add another jalapeno.
- Ready In:
- 2 (16 ounce) cans white beans
- 1 lb fresh raw shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Drain and rinse canned white beans. Reserve 1 cup whole beans, mash remaining beans in large mixing bowl.
- Clean shrimp, chop in pieces from 1/4" to 1/2" in size; add to bowl.
- Add cilantro, jalapeno, onion, cumin and salt & pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in reserved whole beans.
- Form into 2" patties. Fry in skillet, in hot vegetable oil, until brown on both sides.
- Serve with a pineapple salsa, or a drizzle of lime juice or sherry vinegar.