Acadia's Crock-Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion (large, sliced)
- 1 carrot (peeled and sliced)
- 1 orange bell pepper (diced-small)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon basil (freeze dried)
- 1 teaspoon parsley (freeze dried)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In 3-quart crock-pot add in this order: chicken, tomatoes, olive oil, onion, carrot, bell pepper, black pepper, salt, Italian spices, basil, parsley and sugar.
- Place lid on, cook on low for 6-8 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made for my dear friend Acadia and the Think Pink Swap 10/2010. G/F this is great! I made enough to freeze 2 batched for Mike and I. We had it over thin wheat spaghetti noodles and the flavors all melded real well. Tomorrow's leftover will be all that much better.<br/>Super simple to put together with my garden tomatoes, peppers, onions, basil and oreagano added in. YUMMY!
This is quite delicious. We had it over buttered Basmati rice with a yogurt salad on the side like ratia but with tomato and red onion as well as the cucumber and toasted cumin. The only problem I had is the veg and tomatoes produced a lot of liquid so it was too liquidly. If that happened again I would add some tomato sauce I think.
Very tasty chicken dish. I cut the recipe in half and it worked great. This makes a lot of sauce. It is easy to prepare. The chicken was so tender. You can cut it with a fork. I served it over noodles with just a side salad and some garlic bread. I also sprinkled some Parmesan cheese on top. Thanks for posting. :)