Abm Hot Cross Buns
Takes a labour intensive recipe and brings it forward to be available for time-constrained or multi-tasking Bakers. *GLAZE* Mix together:3/4 cup Icing Sugar -- 1TBSP Milk -- 2 drops Almond Flavouring. Prep Time reflects time in ABM and second rising.Could differ with different models.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup candied fruit
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- Measure ingredients into baking pan in order given or as directed on your breadmachine.
- Insert baking pan securely into baking unit,close lid.
- Select Dough setting.
- When complete, remove dough from pan and divide into 12 pieces.
- Shape into round, slightly flattened buns.
- Place 2" apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Combine (and brush on buns) 1 slightly beaten egg with 1 tbsp water.
- Slash top of bun to form a cross.
- Bake at 375 F degrees (190 C) for 15 - 18 minutes.
- Drizzle *cross* with glaze while warm.(Recipe shown in description).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe works beautifully, they rise and smell wonderful when cooking. However I think the mix needs sugar. I have made it first as printed above then with the addition of 3 slightly rounded tablespoonsfull of sugar. The second batch were undoubtedly best. I had one warm from the oven, well buttered and topped with a slice of cheddar. Brill!!Reply
I made these last night, for DH and I to enjoy for breakfast all week! I have to admit we snuck one last night! These are very good and really easy to make with the addition of the ABM! At first I was worried that there was no sugar with the cinnamon since I like sweet rolls, but they turned out delicious, just barely sweet and the addition of the glaze, takes them over the top! Perfect! I will make these often! Thanks for posting Lorrie! [Made for Holiday Tag 2009]Reply
Easy and yummy. Such a treat on a Saturday morning. I set my ABM so the dough would be ready to be shaped at 7:00 am. They were delicious and made my house smell wonderful. Only thing I had trouble with was getting the crosses to stay cut in. Mine kept folding back onto their-selves and disappearing. Made for Holiday tag. Thanks!Reply