Abby's Cinnamon Rolls
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Well really these are Joyce's but they are too good to leave out of the Hill Family Cookbook. Joyce made these on the annual snowmobile trip and they were gobbled up!!
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 cup hot mashed potato flakes
- 1 1 cup potato water or 1 cup scalded milk
- 1 cup scalded milk
- 7 cups flour
- 1 -2 active compressed yeast cake
- 1 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs
- soft butter
- brown sugar
- nuts, chopped
- Combine the potatoes, liquids and 1 cup flour. Beat till thoroughly blended. Let cool until lukewarm, then stir the yeast into the mixture. Cover and let rise until light.
- When the mixture is light, stir it down with a wooden spoon. Cream the butter and sugar, add the salt and eggs. Beat until thoroughly blended. Stir into yeast mixture while combining the flour, using enough to make a firm dough.
- Knead - until smooth and elastic, then place in a bowl, brush with melted butter and turn again. When dough has risen, punch it down and turn it onto a floured surface. Roll the dough out, adding a bit more flour if necessary.
- Spread the dough with soft butter and sprinkle thickly with brown sugar and cinnamon, adding chopped nuts and raisins (if desired). Roll like you would a jelly roll and cut into 1” slices. (We use a piece of string to do this).
- Place the slices, just touching in a sprayed pan with sides. Let rise again and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Glaze rolls with icing. These keep and freeze well.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION