Aash-E Gojeh Farangi Tomato Soup
photo by Dienia B.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 onions, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoons split peas
- 2 cups rice, basmati
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 4 scallions, greens and all
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon mint
- Peel an slice 2 onions; fry in oil until golden.
- Add turmeric, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Add beef stock; add split peas; cook 10 minutes
- Wash rice; add to soup; cook for 10 minutes.
- Peel and grate remaining 2 onions.
- Add to meat with egg; shape into small balls; add to soup.
- Wash herbs; mince fine; add to soup; cook 10 minutes.
- Fry mint in oil; chop finely; if fresh add to top of soup like garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p style=text-align: center;>Hi! If you're looking for grandmas recipe, it might be here .</p> 8726272"