Aaron's Melt-In-Your-Mouth Peanut Butter Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-calorie peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or pure vanilla)
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar and egg white until completely blended.
- Roll dough into 1"-1 1/2" balls and place about 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press down on each cookie once or twice (crisscrossed) with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until pale golden and set around the edges.
- Gently transfer to a wire rack to cool. If they are too crumbly to move, let cool for a minute or two on the cookie sheet first.
- Makes 2 dozen cookies.
- Peanut Butter Raisin Roundies.
- Add 1 1/2 cups raisins to the peanut butter mixture. Roll balls of dough as directed but flatten them a little with your hand on the cookie sheet. Bake as directed. You will get more cookies from your batch, with 120 calories each, 1.4 g fiber, 4.5 g fat and 30% calories from fat.
- Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
- These are a little higher in fat, but they sure are delicious, and most of the fat is still unsaturated. Stir 1/2 cup chopped white chocolate into the dough and bake as directed. Adds 1 g fat per cookie.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Cooking is a form of art for me and I love to use it to express myself. It gives me a great joy to prepare meals for the people I care about. I don't do it as much as I'd like too (full time job keeps me busy), but when I get a chance to cook, I put my whole heart into it. <br /><br />I'm from Calgary but I was born in Poland and spent there the first 20 years of my life so I pretty much grew up on Polish cuisine. In Canada, I've been exposed to so many foreign influences and different tastes and I've decided to broaden my knowledge and enhance my culinary skills. <br /><br />I love cooking for my BF as he eats everything and anything, and my Congo African Grey parrot (this one is the picky one!)</p>