A Way Better Tetrazzini (Today's Turkey Tetrazzini)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A better, and updated version of an old classic.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb dried spaghetti
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped (fresh)
- 3 shallots or 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until barely tender (do not overcook--the pasta will continue cooking in the oven), and drain well, and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, lightly oil a large skillet, and heat over medium heat.
- Add artichokes, mushrooms, sherry, parsley, garlic, shallots, tarragon, pepper and salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms soften.
- Add the vegetable mixture to the pasta, then add the milk, ricotta and turkey.
- Mix well, and spread evenly in the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle over the bread crumbs.
- Bake until golden brown and hot, about 30 minutes.
- Let stand at least 5 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION