A Very Interesting Smoked Salmon Sandwich
photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
- 2 slices whole meal bread
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons red onions, diced
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney, blended to a paste
- 4 slices streaky bacon, cooked until crispy
- 1 teaspoon small caper, drained
- 1 teaspoon chives, snipped
- fresh ground black pepper
- Spread both slices of bread with the cream cheese, scatter each slice with red onion then lay smoked salmon on top and drizzle with mango chutney.
- Top this with the crispy bacon and capers.
- Finish with a scattering of snipped chives and season well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this for lunch, and let me tell you, if I could, I could eat this everyday. Happened to have chutney that needed using up, and had everything else on hand too. The bacon and shaved smoked salmon coupled with the onion and cream cheese and chives just make an absolute terrific sandwich! I can see that you can also serve this on toast points and maybe the addition of cucumber too. Thanks so much English Rose! ZWT3 07'
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)