A+ Shrimp Curry
photo by Chef Lanibobonnie
- Ready In:
- 1 lb uncooked frozen 31/40 tail-off shrimp
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raisin (optional)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- lemon juice, to season
- Sauté the finely chopped onion and 2 tablespoons butter. When onion has lightly browned, add condensed mushroom soup and curry powder (mixed to paste).I use double that amount and use a mild heat version as I am not a "heat" lover (Spice Islands).
- Add shrimp, If you like sweet things in your curry add seedless raisins. Heat thoroughly untill shrimp are pink and no longer opaque. Do not overcook.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in sour cream, a few drops of lemon juice, and a dash of tabasco.
- Serve over your favorite hot rice.
- notation: I usually double the mixture but not the shrimp because I believe "it's all about the sauce" ENJOY! :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
This can be so much better (if you don't mind me saying) by making the following changes- Use cream of shrimp soup instead of mushroom (you can buy it on Amazon). Saute 1-2 cloves of chopped garlic with the onions. Add 1 can of coconut milk with the can of soup. Increase curry powder to 2-1/2 tsp. Increase raisins to 1/3 cup. And for those who like heat, as I do, add some sambal ooleek (garlic chili sauce) at the very end. So good!