A Real San Francisco Treat: Joe's Special
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 lb mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (optional)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 green chilies, roasted, peeled, and diced (fresh, medium sized, 0pt., may substitute canned if you wish)
- 4 -6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, cook onions and garlic in olive oil until tender and translucent.
- Add crumbled ground sirloin and cook until the beef is almost browned.
- Stir in sliced mushrooms. Add sherry, if desired, and cook about one minute. Mix in spinach and seasonings and stir well.
- Mix in green chilies, if desired. Add the beaten eggs stirring constantly to completely blend eggs into the mixture.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese and serve immediately. Serve with French bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!