A Humdinger of a Wrap!
I just love this and hope you do too! A quick and easy meal you can make in minutes! Warning, these can be addictive! You can make this using plain tortillas, or try whole wheat, or the red sundried tomato or green spinach wraps. You can vary the ingredients to your liking and there are optional ingredients to give even more taste and texture! Made for RSC#16.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce (or try the sweet red barbeque sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sriracha sauce (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (or use all Swiss if you like)
- 1⁄4 cup spinach, chopped (or try arugula)
- 1⁄4 cup portabella mushroom, chopped (I use the baby bellas also called cremini)
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, chopped (or try roasted red bell peppers)
- 1⁄4 cup summer squash, grated (or try grated carrots!)
- 3 tablespoons sweet onions, chopped (Vidalia or red)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (or 1/2 tsp. dried)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (10 inch) tortillas (or use more smaller tortillas)
- chopped tomato
- cubed avocado
- chips, crushed (potato or tortilla)
- mixed sprouts
- Mix the mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and Sriracha sauce in a bowl.
- Add to the sauce cheeses, spinach, mushrooms, bell pepper, squash, onion and basil. Stir well to mix thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture between the tortillas.
- Top with the optional topping/toppings if using.
- Wrap and eat immediately. Keep napkins handy! Enjoy!
- If tortillas are stiff, you can warm them about 10-15 seconds to make more flexible.
- Fold right and left edges of tortilla over the fillinig, toward the center. Fold the bottom edge of tortilla toward the center and gently roll until completely wrapped aroung the filling.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Absolutely wonderful tasting wraps, & the only change I made was to cut way, way back on the chili powder! The rest of the sauce ingredients gave me just enough heat! Loved that I could have spinach & mushrooms raw, as that's the way I like 'em! Definitely something I'll be wrapping up again & again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Very healthy recipe, with good flavour that could have been even more pronounced if (perhaps) the mushrooms had been sauteed rather than just added raw. Also, I found the raw summer squash a rather odd flavour, and wonder if the grated carrot might not have been better? Thanks, chef. Your recipe was very original and tasty.
This wrap was soooooooo good! The fresh veggies with the spinach and spicy sauce were just perfect and the cheese on top a great addition. One of the best wraps Ive ever eaten and just wonderful for a quick, healthy and delicious meal. I left out the worcestershire sauce and used home-made tortillas (Recipe #429690), but other than that stuck to your recipe and loved it! Ill be making this again and again!<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this awesome creation with us, chef and good luck in the contest!<br/>Made and reviewed for RSC #16 May 2011.