A Doozie of a Floozie Burger
A burger to tempt your senses--from clear down south--you never had it so good! One taste of our burger and you're going to declare yourself an Honorary Floozie. The ultimate open-faced burger, but don't hesitate to put your top bun on if you're feeling a little shy (we didn't get the nickname Floozie for nuthin' ya know!).
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup sweet onions or 1/3 cup vidalia onion, is best
- 1⁄3 cup dill pickle
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups finely chopped lettuce
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, sauteed in
- 8 slices cheese
- 8 fried eggs (One for each burger)
- 4 -8 hamburger buns (if you're a floozie, you only need 4)
- Mix together your sweet onion, dill pickle, mayonnaise and finely chopped lettuce and set aside (In Amy's words, "you want the ingredients to marry").
- Fry your eggs until no longer runny and set aside. (Very Important Ingredient) You do want the whole Floozie Experience don't you?.
- Mix together your ground beef, cajun seasoning and pepper, forming into 8 burgers.
- Fry your burgers until they are no longer pink inside. Set aside and place a slice of tomato on top.
- Saute your mushrooms in butter and portion out onto your burgers and immediately top with cheese and your Fried Egg.
- Top with the slaw toppings (*in memory of Amy*) then declare yourself a Floozie – Remember, this is a topless…ummm…open faced burger. I ask you -- would a Floozie want it any other way?.
- We can't help it if you want your extra bun on top, but take it from us, its a whole lot more fun without.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These were great!!! And different. We grilled the burgers instead of frying. I wasn't shy with the cajun spice since we like it spicy and we used Cheddar for the cheese. The slaw is what put these over the top for us. I had the fried egg, but my boys just couldn't do it. As another reviewer said they were messy but good, cuz messy = yummy in our house. We are definately Floozies in our house now!!!!!1Reply