A Complete Breakfast in Bed for the One You Love
photo by Pneuma
- Ready In:
- 3 eggs (or 3/4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute)
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1⁄2 banana, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons prepared topping (Pecan Praline Topping, warmed and with rum addition)
- 2 tablespoons fat free whipped cream (cool-whip)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cocoa powder (or instant espresso granules)
Additional Items Needed
- 8 ounces coffee (or tea if that's their liking)
- 6 ounces orange juice (or whichever juice they prefer)
- Mix egg and milk in a small shallow dish. Add bread slices, turning to coat. Set aside.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and over medium heat add soaked bread slices (reserve the egg mixture). Sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar over top. Cook 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Turn bread over in skillet, sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar over top, and cook 2-3 minutes more until underside is lightly browned.
- Flip bread over for 15 seconds to crisp the sugar, then remove onto a serving plate, offsetting the two slices. Keep warm.
- Spray skillet again with nonstick cooking spray and add the leftover egg/milk mixture. Scramble eggs with salt and pepper to taste and desired doneness. Place on a small serving plate.
- FOR THE FRENCH TOAST: gently spread 1 tbsp of the warmed pecan praline sauce onto each slice of toast. Scatter the banana slices over top and around the french toast. Place a dollop of whipped cream in the center of the overlapped, offset toasts. Dust lightly with cocoa powder.
- TO SERVE: Place the plate of french toast, the plate of eggs, coffee or tea, juice, morning paper, a rose, linen napkin, and utensils on a serving tray and serve it to your loved one in bed with a "Good Morning Beautiful" smile.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
YUM! I made this for breakfast this morning. I also used sliced wheat bread, and I skipped the cinnamon sugar step, as I always add cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg to the egg before dipping the bread anyway. We used 2 eggs to dip 4 slices of bread, and then just scrambled 3 eggs (without cinnamon, of course), for two of us. I totally forgot to put the sour cream on, but I'm sure it would be lovely! Love the praline topping too! Made for PRMR. Thanks!
I love the flavor of the banana and the Recipe #304097 together on the french toast! Another delightful and unique (I would say) part of the french toast is the sugar and cinammon -- and the method of sprinkling it on in the pan. I would not skip that part. We did not find it too sweet (we also did not drink anything sweet with this - just had water). I used a whole banana each, and bruleed them on our second pieces. That was yummy too!
What a delightful way to surprise your partner! I also made for myself, of course and used sliced bread for this. Only thing though is that the french toast was very sweet for breakfast that 1 piece was already filling. But with this lovely gesture, it's always the thought that counts. Served this with Recipe #281139. Thanks, 2Bleu!