(A) Calendula Oil
- Ready In:
- 48hrs 30mins
- 2 ounces marigold dried flower petals (just the petals)
- 8 8 ounces sweet almond extract or 8 ounces grapeseed oil
- Put ingredients in crock pot.
- Put on low heat for about 6- 8 hours (I put mine overnight).
- Squeeze the oil out of the petals.
- For stronger oil, discard used herbs and add in another 2 oz.
- (I normally keep the used herbs and do an oil/petal rub on myself. It is a little oily so be careful).
- Go through low heat again for about 6- 8 hours or overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hey Everyone! Greetings from Sunny Singapore! I'm am so glad to have found this site. It is waaaayyy better than other sites I've been. I have about 240 cookbooks and my faves are the older cookbooks I got from my mom as I prefer from scratch cooking. I have created several cookbooks dedicated to the use of eggs. I have come across a number of recipes requests for using up lots of eggs. So there they are. http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/123897/Backtattoos.jpg The above is a picture of me at my office's Annual Christmas cum costume party. I won first prize with that orange costume! The one with the (fake) Tattoos was taken in Dec 2007 when I again won first prize. I love spicy food and the many different kinds of chilli dips different foods calls for!! Love baking, cross stitching, trying my hand now in shoe beading and patchwork and now doing a course on aromatherapy. Oh and am now trying to raise a flower and herb garden but it is not easy as I am a newbie at that too! In some of my recipes, you will note that there is a letter in brackets at the beginning of the name. This is what it means : (A) : Aromatherapy/Homeopathic/Less toxic I'm not crazy about recipes using pre-mix cakes as I am a more from-scratch person. My recipes will have the local name (when applicable) as well as the anglicised name, eg "Au Nee (Sweet Yam Paste). If I had a month off, I'd be in Texas.