- Ready In:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened apple butter
- 1 cup apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup chopped dried apricot
- cream cheese frosting (recipe below)
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup apple butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly butter and flour muffin tins.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. In another bowl, beat together the apple butter, juice concentrate, eggs, egg white, and apricots until well blended. Stir the apple butter mixture into the flour mixture until just blended.
- Pour the batter into cupcake tins filling each to 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Transer the pans to a rack and cool for approximately 10 minutes before carefully removing the cupcakes to cool completely on cooling rack.
- While cupcakes are cooling completely blend together the cream cheese and 1/3 cup apple butter until smooth and creamy. Once cupcakes are completely cooled, frost and refrigerate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am happily married to the most wonderful man alive. We have two boys who are absolutely amazing. We both love to cook and enjoy cuisines from all over the world. Our family philosophy is that a balanced diet is a fork in each hand...