5 Ingredient Spaghetti
photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- one box barilla spaghetti
- 2 fresh lemons
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Grate lemon peels to yield 1 tablespoon of lemon zest. Juice the lemons to yield 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice. Whisk together the oil, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to the package instructions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Add the spaghetti to the lemon sauce, and toss with the basil and lemon zest. Season the pasta with salt and pepper to taste.