4 Cheese Mexican Tortilla Appetizers
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I got these off of Meals.com. I haven't tried them yet but they sound wonderful and very easy.
- Ready In:
- 6 6 inch fajita-size flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can ortega refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup ortega thick & smooth taco sauce, medium
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion (about 3)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups four-cheese Mexican blend cheese (8 ounces)
- PREHEAT oven to 400º F.
- Place tortillas on baking sheet (s).
- BAKE for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp.
- SPREAD refried beans evenly on tortillas.
- Spread 1 tablespoon taco sauce over beans.
- Top with bell peppers, green onions and crushed red pepper.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- BAKE for 7 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges.
- A pizza cutter works great for this.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
If you have leftover grilled chicken or steak, then chop it up and throw it on top. Adding a little cilantro and a splash of lime doesn't hurt either. This is really an easy-fast recipe that comes out perfect every time. Your eaters (kids or adults) will not be disappointed. Little Bee, thanks for sharing.1Reply
These are very yummy! I made these a little lower in fat by using fat free refried beans, low fat flour tortillas and low fat cheese. This didn't alter the flavor as it was still wonderful. I loved the textures of these ingredients together inside the crisp tortilla. There is a little spice from the taco sauce and pepper flakes but it's not too hot. I ate some of mine with a little fat free sour cream. Thanks!Reply