30 Minute Chicken and Rice Dinner by Accident
- Ready In:
- 4 -6 chicken breasts, flattened out
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) packet of uncle ben's garlic and butter flavorful rice pilaf mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, add oil and 2 tablespoons of butter; let melt and then add chicken breasts. Cook until golden brown and juices run clear.
- While chicken is cooking, follow package directions for rice (it takes about 10 to 15 minutes I've found).
- In saucepan deglaze pan with wine.
- Don't get rid of those yummy brown bits--it gives this sauce flavor.
- Add garlic, cream of mushroom soup and milk; stir until creamy.
- Add cheese.
- When rice is cooked, pour into mushroom mixture. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with salad and garlic bread. Serves 4.
- You can also leave the rice separate and just put the chicken in the sauce--either way, it's your choice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
very easy to make and it tasted fabulous. The kids came home from college and brought friends so this was a quick and easy recipe. My kids giggled when the frriends thought I cooked all day, my kids know I try as many 30 min or less meals or am known as the crockpot queen during the work week. great recipe. thank you
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
College student currently attending UNLV going for my bachelors of human services degree.For fun every summer I got to the San Diego Comic-con and dress up its so fun and Ive met some famous people !I also love theme parks.My favorite cookbook is my hersheys chocolate cookbook. I love to bake deserts.! My pet peeves are people who dont think for themselves who listen to the media. Id go to disneyworld with all my friends and go to all the theme parks.