3-Ingredient Cinnamon Banana Slice
photo by ladypit
- Ready In:
- Heat a nonstick griddle over a low to medium flame, and place the bread slice on it.
- Let it just lie there for about a minute (you can slice the banana now!).
- Now carefully cover the bread with the sliced banana discs, overlapping if necessary, and sprinkle the cinnamon over this.
- Using a flat spoon or ladle, gently press the bread slice with with back-to-front movements (you will see part of the banana slices sinking into the bread and the cinnamon merging with the bananas).
- When the bottom of the bread slice is well browned, remove from the griddle and eat immediately!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh yum! This was great. My only problem was that I used Potato bread and ended up burning the bottom a little (but it was still delicious!), so my suggestion for white bread users is: follow the instructions above, and when the bottom is brown take the sandwich off and if the bananas are still intact, microwave for a couple of secs. :) Delicious! 2 thumbs up
What a treat!. This is easy, quick, healthy, inexpensive and delicious so five stars from me. I used homemade wholegrain bread which is a bit more robust - the bananas didn't smush in very much. I flipped my slices instead for about 20 seconds to soften the bananas -- delicious!<br/><br/>Thank you for posting.
When I don't know what to have for breakfast, this is what I have! With some milky Chai tea, it makes a pretty satisfying meal. I usually shove a whole small banana on there...love bananas. If I need it done quicker than quick, I just use the toaster oven and smoosh the banana into the bread with the side of my knife. Yum.
see 6 more reviews