3 Ingredient Chewy Macaroons
These are my family's favourite macaroon. Always a constant on holiday platters. I guessed at the amount, because I usually combine large and small cookies when I bake.
- Ready In:
- 5 1⁄3 cups long shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Do not just grease sheet as they will stick. Yes, that is experience. lol.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Depending on the size you make them, either use a spoon or an ice cream scoop, and place on sheets.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- When baked, transfer to cooling racks.
- These freeze wonderfully.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Just made these for the hubs for Valentines Day—what a quick and yummy recipe! He loves coconut “anything” and he was thrilled! These go together so fast and easily in one bowl—I started an hour before he came home from work and they were done and sitting pretty waiting for him! Thank you @luvcookn for a delicious and easy recipe! This goes in my files for sure!1Reply
I noticed at the supermarket today that a 14oz package of coconut stated that it contained 5 1/3 cups. I had measured my coconut in a measuring cup and it took more than a 14oz package to make 5 1/3 cups. This may be the problem with those of you who stated that there was liquid running out of the cookies or the cookies were spreading. Also, I found dropping by teaspoon was the easiest way to get them on the parchment. I dropped them about 1" apart and got about 45 macaroons out of the recipe. Please try the recipe again, only this time measure the coconut. I'm pretty sure you will be happy with the results4Replies 7
see 21 more