2bleu's Wet Sauce for Ribs and More
photo by CoffeeB
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped fine (about 2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can root beer
- 1 1⁄4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (recommended Got the 2bleu's Hot Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and simmer about 3 minutes.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients and stir to blend. Reduce heat to simmer and continue cooking, uncovered, for 2 hours or until reduced by half or to desired consistency.
- Using an emulsifier (or let cool slightly and use a blender), blend to a smooth consistency.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a lovely all around sauce that has a multitude of possibilites for use. I chose for my first recipe to use it on pork chops. I started making the sauce the night b/f and let it simmer on the stove top for about 4+ hours. Then the next day I used it for a basting sauce on the pork chops I was baking in the oven. THis has fabulous all-around taste with just the right amount of sweet/tang. Next up is chicken wings in the crock pot with a splash of the sauce thrown over top. Thanks for sharing this one-of-a-kind recipe that is sure to become a main staple on the kitchen table. Made for PRMR~