100% Whole Wheat, Multipurpose Dough - Pizza, Buns, Bread
photo by Red_Apple_Guy
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 6 cups whole wheat flour (27 oz white or red wheat)
- 2 1⁄3 cups water (18.5 oz)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons table salt (15 g)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast (4 g)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil (46 g)
- 5 tablespoons honey (70 g)
- Mix ingredients well (add salt and yeast at different times) and let rest 5 minutes.
- Knead by dough hook for 7 - 8 minutes.
- Stretch and fold and place in an oiled container to rest.
- After 10 minutes, stretch & fold again. Do the same two more times and place in fridge.
- After an overnight stay in the fridge (up to 3 days) divide the dough into 8 oz pieces (6) for pizza or 2.9 oz pieces (16) for buns or a combination of both.
- For pizza dough, place each ball into an oiled plastic sandwich bag and place into the fridge for use within 3 days or freeze for a month or so. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Roll each piece of dough for bun into balls and press or roll into round flats 3.5 " to 4" in diameter. Repress to maintain diameter and place on parchment covered to rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- When risen to 1.5 the original volume, place into the oven. Bake 8 minutes and rotate.
- Bake 4 to 6 more minutes until the rolls are 200 F internally.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My wife and I live just outside of Atlanta, GA. Two daughters live in town, one with my two grandsons. My son is living in California. I'm a retired environmental manager at a manufacturing facility. My Mom and Dad would have loved this site. Dad was a huge collector of recipes and was in the food industry. Mom was a terrific cook as well. Another influence was a roommate at the Universtiy of Arkansas that was an excellent cook. Today I enjoy barbecuing and grilling year round and cooking in general. My latest adventure is in bread baking. I'm loving it and going to school on it right here on the bread forum. I'm active in a terrific church and also love fly fishing and fly tying.