10 Minute Tvp Tacos
A Jolinda Hackett recipe.his recipe uses store-bought salsa and taco seasoning to make a super-quick vegetarian taco filling from TVP. The TVP has a texture similar to shredded chicken when cooked. Wrap in a flour tortilla or stuff in a hard shell with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and green onions.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups textured vegetable protein
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (one pack)
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- flour tortillas or taco shell
- In a large skillet, heat the water over medium heat, and add the TVP, stirring well. Allow the TVP to reconstitute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add oil and soy sauce, then peppers and taco seasoning, stirring well.
- Allow to cook for another 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Mix in salsa and remove from heat.
- Serve wrapped in a flour tortilla or hard taco shells with your choice of toppings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
A TVP warning for newcomers, it STINKS when you reconstitute it, at least with heat! I turned on my wax warmer/scent gizmo to counter attack the smell. And like others said, you need to crank up the spices! I will continue to use 2 cups TVP however, as you can freeze this stuff, which I did, since I am single. I decided to go full on Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian after successfully trying this recipe, since the flavor is just fine!1Reply