1- Hour Crescent Rolls
photo by Neo_Soul_Cook1111
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, for tops (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Heat the water and butter in a microwave safe glass. Whisk together the buttermilk and eggs in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the hot water/butter. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- When your dough is ready, split it in two balls and lay it on a floured surface. Roll each half out into a large circle. Use a pizza cutter to make triangles.
- Roll them up and put them on a baking sheet. Let rise in a draft free place for about 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake at 10 to 15 minutes. Use your butter to rub across the top of each roll for an extra buttery taste!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!