Peanut Noodle Salad (America's Test Kitchen)
- Reviews 1
Ready In: 25 mins
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb linguine
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise, seeded, and sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄3 cup parsley
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Add pasta and salt to boiling water and cook until al dente. Reserve ¾ cup cooking water. Drain pasta in colander, rinse with cold water until cool, drain once more, and transfer to large bowl. Add sesame oil and toss to coat.
- Whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, hot sauce, and 6 tablespoons pasta cooking water in medium bowl until smooth. Add dressing, cucumber, bell pepper, and cilantro to pasta and toss to combine, adding reserved pasta water as needed to adjust consistency. Serve.
- Oil-coated pasta, dressing, and vegetables can be refrigerated in separate airtight containers for 2 days. Bring ingredients to room temperature before tossing together. Add warm water to thin as needed.
Did you Make This?
Tell us how it came out or how you tweaked it, add your photos, or get help.Show Off