Dough designed for gingerbread houses to with stand cracks and sagging but still delicious. Tips: * If your dough is too tough to roll-out, microwave for 10-15 seconds.
* Use aluminum foil to roll-out, transfer and bake your pieces. Cut a piece of foil the same size as your baking sheet. Wipe your working surface with a damp sponge and lay the foil on top. This will prevent the foil from slipping. Sprinkle the foil with flour, roll-out your dough, cut your pieces, lift the entire piece of foil onto your baking sheet and bake. Use a fresh piece of foil for each roll-out.
* A pizza cutter provides a quick, straight line for large pieces like walls and roofs.
* Cut all windows and doors before baking.
* Prevent a lopsided house by holding the sides in place until dry.
* Pint-size zip-lock freezer bags make excellent frosting bags. Snip off the corner of the bag, fill with frosting, zip-lock closed and decorate.
* Variety of candy used to decorate is more important than quantity.
* Rice Krispie Treats, tinted green, make fun uniquely shaped bushes and trees.