"Taken from the Betty Crocker website, these are fabulous! Make sure to use full fat cream cheese or the filling won't firm up"
1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxes
lemon cake mix
1 (8 ounce) packages
cream cheese, softened
white chocolate, baking bars chopped
2 -3 teaspoons
1. Heat oven 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 15x10x1-inch pan with shortening.
2. In large bowl, mix cake mix, butter and eggs with spoon until well blended. With greased or floured fingers, press evenly in pan.
3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and crust begins to pull away from sides of pan or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Spread evenly with preserves. Cool 30 minutes.
4. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and milk with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth; set aside.
5. In 1-quart saucepan, melt white chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently. Add warm melted white chocolate to cream cheese mixture; beat on medium speed until creamy (mixture may look slightly curdled). Carefully spread over preserves. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until set.
6. Sprinkle powdered sugar over top. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.