( or any other whole fish really)
2 1/2 tablespoons
( don't have to be exact on the herbs so don't stress it - if you have something else fresh instead of)
- Note: this is for a 1.
- 5 to 2 lb fish so adjust your proportions accordingly.
- Gut and clean the fish.
- Place fish on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to wrap the whole thing up on both sides.
- Coat the inside of the fish with one tablespoon of olive oil, and toss in a teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Cut lemon into 3/4" wedges and place three of them inside the fish (save the rest of the lemon for tea or something else).
- Stuff the herbs and garlic into the fish, saving a few leaves of basil for the outside.
- Coat the outside of the fish with the other tablespoon and a half of olive oil, sprinkle with a half teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Toss on a few leaves of basil and fold over the foil to the whole thing is covered.
- You'll want a little space so the fish can steam.
- This is where all the taste and herb flavor infusion comes from.
- Put the whole wrapped up and stuffed fish on the grill.
- Grill on medium heat for 5-7 minutes on either side (it's okay to peek) til fish flakes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- I like to keep the head on and pick it off the bone.
- Filet if you have a large fish.