3/4 cup dried orzo pasta or 3/4 cup
( looks like large rice)
shredded Fontina cheese
dried tarragon leaves
snipped fresh chives
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- In a large skillet cook mushrooms and garlic in butter over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cornstarch, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Add cheese, almonds, and tarragon; cook and stir until cheese has melted.
- Stir in cooked orzo.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with snipped chives.