2 (12 ounce) cans corned beef or 2 (12 ounce) cans
corn beef hash
salt and pepper
( I don't use the salt as the bacon is usually salty enough)
- In a large frying pan, fry bacon until crisp (If your family really likes bacon you can use a whole pound, but if you do be sure to pour off half of the grease).
- Remove bacon and drain.
- Add cabbage and water to bacon grease and cook until tender.
- (Stir occasionally to coat all of the cabbage with bacon grease).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice corned beef and lay on top of cabbage (if using hash, spoon on top).
- Crumble bacon over all.
- Cover and cook on low heat until corned beef is warmed.