( but preferably not too thick)
salt and pepper, to taste
onions, sliced in rings
- Cut each scallop in half; makes for a nicer presentation in my opinion and facilitates cooking.
- Heat 2 TBS of the oil in a large (preferably non-stick) frying pan.
- Add the paprika and mix completely into the oil.
- Add the onions, and cook them over moderate heat until they are completely softened.
- While the onions are cooking, salt and pepper the veal scallops.
- Dredge them in the flour making sure to cover all surfaces and sides.
- When the onions have softened, move them to the edge of the frying pan.
- Add the final TBS oil to the pan, and when this is hot, lay your veal scallops in the center of the pan.
- Brown well, about three minutes per side.
- Now move the scallops to the outer edge of the pan and bring the onions back to the center.
- Add the sour cream and mix well with onions until it is completely incorporated; once this is achieved, nestle the scallops in the sauce, turning them over once to allow each side a slight covering of sauce.
- Cover the pan, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and veal is tender.
- Remove veal to serving dishes, give the onions and sauce one more good stir and serve over the top of the veal.