1 -1 1/2 lb
romaine lettuce, chopped
cucumber, peeled,seeded and cubed
( including about half of the green part)
2 tablespoons dried mint or 4 -6 tablespoons
fresh mint, snipped
salt and pepper, to taste
nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Split the pita breads into rounds and cut each round into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet, and spray it with garlic-flavored olive oil spray.
- If you don't have any garlic-flavored spray, spray with olive oil spray (or drizzle with olive oil), and sprinkle lightly with garlic powder.
- Bake the bread in a preheated oven for 12 minutes, turning once, till it's completely dry and crisp.
- Set it aside to cool.
- About 10 minutes before you're ready to serve the salad, place the bread in a large bowl, and add the remaining ingredients.
- Toss to combine and serve within 15 minutes or so.